A CPH STAGE HIGHLIGHT
Why? “RaTaTam, Reykjavik’s 2017 Artistic Group of the Year, challenges audiences with a fascinating combination of serious issue and comic packaging. An exciting contribution well in line with the wave of Icelandic culture currently sweeping the world.”
HUSH! is based on interviews with victims and perpetrators of domestic violence. The interviews made it clear to RaTaTam that tough times call for both tears and laughter. That became a guiding light staging the play and the hope is that it heals and entertains the audience as well as being thought provoking. The set of SUSS! is a reference toLouise Bourgeois’ work “Cells” portraying human pain and fear. Sometimes home is a prison surrounded by invisible bars.
RaTaTam, awarded the Art Group of Reykjavik 2017, use the stage as a platform to burst the bubbles of society and give wings to beauty. SUSS! aims to break the overwhelming silence that surrounds domestic violence.
This event is in english
- Charlotte Bøving (Director)
- Þórunn María Jónsdóttir (Scenographer)
- Helgi Svavar Helgason (Sound Designer)
- Arnar Ingmarsson (Lighting Designer)
- Guðmundur Ingi Þorvaldsson (Actor)
- Guðrún Bjarnadóttir (Actor)
- Halldóra Rut Baldursdóttir (Actor)
- Hildur Magnúsdóttir (Actor)
- Laufey Elíasdóttir (Actor) RaTaTam (Playwright)
Teater V i Prøvehallen