Champions is an emotionally performance installation that deals with universal issues of parent-child relations, loneliness and individual resilience. The performance features the interview recordings of the artist’s father, mother and conversations with his therapist.
Andreas Constantinou faces the audience while a personal story of a strained relationship between a gay man, his homophobic father, a stern mother, and a lonely individual is revealed. The installation is being interrupted by voices on the radio, tv and gramophone in the room, and the walls suddenly changes to a wrestling battle of violence and intimacy of two men. The images tell of a subconscious battle within the self.
This event is in english.
- Dagmara Bilon (Dramaturgisk konsulent)
- Jeppe Cohrt (Sound Designer)
- Christoffer Brekne (Video Designer)
- Jeppe Cohrt (Lighting Designer)
- Kirstine Bauning (Producer)
- Andreas Constantinou (Performer)
- Aris Papadopoulos (Dancer)
- Jesper Holm (Dancer)
ALL PLAY TIMES
- Tuesday 01st June 10.00pm
- Wednesday 02nd June 3.00pm
- Thursday 03rd June 4.00pm
- Friday 04th June 4.00pm
1856 Frederiksberg C