Alexander Rantzau Hunderup
Revolt is a necessary modern classic – and Alice Birch’s astute capabilities to play around with form and language have put her on the map as one of today’s most prominent playwrights.
With the #MeToo movement that started in 2017 – and peaked in Denmark in 2020 – this play is of the utmost relevance.
In a series of vignettes the playwright rages over the gender-defined norms that possess the power to dictate our existence and expressions. The human race has a fundamental need to think, move, play and sustain itself but these societal norms leave us with a claustrophobic sensation that there is a very tiny, limited space set aside for us to live out and explore these fundamental needs.
- Petra Adlerberth-Wik (Director)
- Peter Edward Rasmussen (Lighting Designer)
- Sofie Skov Nielsen (Actor)
- Henriette Knudsen (Actor)
- Helene Stauersbøl Eldov (Actor)
- Thomas Lykke (Actor)
- Anton Hjort Nielsen (Actor)
- Ebba Malena Debess Thomsen (Actor)
- Nadia Rantzau Hunderup (Actor) Alice Birch (Playwright)
All play times
- Wednesday 02nd June 7.30pm
- Thursday 03rd June 7.30pm
- Friday 04th June 1.00pm
- Friday 04th June 7.30pm
- Saturday 05th June 7.30pm
1665 København V