Waiting – Peer Gynt according to SolveigTivoli A/S
‘The theme of “Waiting” is the inescapable of the loneliness of the human being, and the little details and stories that make up our existence,’ says Catalonian enfant-terrible Calixto Bieito.
The role of Solveig is played by Norwegian soprano Mari Eriksmoen, accompanied by the Tivoli Copenhagen Phil and sixteen singers from DKDM Chamber Choir, under the baton of Eivind Gullberg Jensen. Video design is by Sarah Derendinger, whose merits include the opening of the London Olympics. And Peer? He may turn up, but in an uncredited role.
Waiting is an international co-production with with world premiere at Festspillene i Bergen (NO).
- Calixto Beieto (Director)
- Sarah Derendinger (Video Designer)
- Anders Beyer / Festspillene i Bergen (Producer)
- Mari Eriksmoen (Vocal)
- Tivoli Copenhagen Phil (Musician)
- DKDM Kammerkor (Vocal) Karl Ove Knausgård (Playwright)
Edvard Grieg (Composer)
Tivoli - Koncertsalen
1630 København V