Oceanic is a reflection on listening and a feminist study of the hierarchies of sounds.
Handcrafted masur bowls are spread across the stage, following nature’s own form with their unique and organic shapes.
A woman is floating in a hallucinogenic sea, moving through what becomes a mythological landscape. She is evoking the past and present, voices and memories.
Oceanic has an original, immersive sound set-up, including custom-made mechanical string instruments. Together, the protagonist, the sounding sculptures and the light create an embodied space for careful tuning and wild listening.
- Marie Topp (Choreographer)
- Mårten K. Axelsson (Lighting Designer)
- Igor Dobricic (Dramaturg)
- Julia Giertz (Idea)
- Marie Topp (Idea)
- Julia Giertz (Sound Designer)
- Marie Topp (Dancer) Julia Giertz (Composer)
All play times
- Tuesday 07th June 6.00pm
- Wednesday 08th June 2.00pm
Bispebjerg Torv 1
2400 København NV